A car of another color - -

Ben Dixon has informed me that:
"Im sure you are cringing just thinking about the number of emails you are
going to get with "But MY alfa is a different color..."

"But, MY alfa is a 1968 1750 GTV, right hand drive, imported to Australia,
and it has a sticker on the inside of the bootlid (trunk, i think is what
you call it) in Italian, stating the paint colour as "Rosso Alfa"

"as far as I know, Fusi lists my chassis number as being very early 1969,
though the car is registered as 1968.

"so, either my car has been back to the factory to be repainted (unlikely!)
or  alfa was paining cars 'Alfa Red' before 1971.:

No cringe whatsoever. I had ended my posting of d'Amico-Tabucchi's color
schedule with the sort of disclaimer I try to repeat relentlessly:
"Finally, I would not ever take d'Amico-Tabucchi (or Fusi, for that matter,)
as
infallible-"

D'Amico-Tabucchi does not include Rosso Alfa in the colors used on the 1750
before 1971, but does include it in the colors used on the 1750 after 1971.
(They also include it among the colors used on the Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1966-1968.) I would have wagered, intuitively, that there was never any
period, from the first Giulietta Sprint through the present, when it was not
available on the current coupe; it is the most traditional Alfa color, far
closer to the essence of Alfadom than the Farina red found on so many Spiders.
Somebody could have used d'Amico-Tabucchi as evidence that I was wrong. Ben
presents incontrovertible evidence (if any is needed) that one should not ever
take d'Amico-Tabucchi (or Fusi, for that matter,) as infallible. Even if they
are the best possible scholars, the factory records are not necessarily
infallible. The book, like any book, (or "authority") is good for what it is
good for-

John