RE: Alfa-911

> here is a proposal for alfa-911:
>
> there will be a separate mailing list, named alfa-911, the purpose being
> for alfa owners who want to get quick help in an emergency.
>
> because of its purpose, there will be no digest version.
>
> posting will be restricted to members; this is a co-op. if you want to be
> able to get help, you need to be prepared to offer it, even if only moral
> support or the names of good local mechanics.
>
> i will not be "auto subscribing" alfa/alfa-digest members to alfa-911. if
> you want on, you have to take the steps to join it.
>
> i hope to implement this in the next week or two; right now we're swamped
> as the venture capital people are starting to show up and we need to get
> our marketing presentation together so we don't make asses of ourselves.
>
> any comments on the proposal, anyone?

my .02,

unless a lot of people sign up, and there's good coverage, this tool
probably won't end up helping anybody any time soon.  why can't a message
sent to alfa-911 get sent to the alfa & alfa-digest mailing list?

otherwise, i'd vote to auto subscribe everybody.  future subscribers to the
alfa and alfa-digest might not be inclined to read enough of the up front
documentation to know that there is a 911 mailing list, or to understand why
it's important for lot's of people to subscribe to it.

thanks for picking this one up - hopefully it will save somebody some major
headaches some time in the future.

bs

p.s.  younger brother dropped off the new spider at my house last night,
they ended up towing it home behind a rented u-haul.  what they described as
a 'shattered' bell housing turned out to have a hairline crack across the
top of it, and the starter section completely broken off.  i would have been
inclined to remove the starter, push start the car, and drive it home..

his wife is still very excited about the car.