Milano clicking instead of starting.

Have to take a long trip this thursday for the weekend to a wedding with the
girlfriend,
put the Triumph in the garage last night and pulled the Milano out this
morning to go to work--it didn't start, apparently it doesn't want to go
to the wedding?  Anyhow, the symptoms: when placed in the garage the car
worked  great, sat for about 10-11 days in the garage.  This morning when
the key was turned, I get just rapid "clicking" presumably from the
starter.  The engine does not turn over.  I believe that the starter is
stuck and not engaging the flywheel, could this be the case?  If so, how
should I go about rectifying the problem?  Hammer?  If it could be
something else, how to rectify that?  Its also important to note that it
is an automatic....  Unfortunately, the TR 7 is not a viable option to
take to the wedding, I am TOLD that it does not have suitable
air-conditioning,
enough storage space, and plays havoc with "done up" hair...what this
means is that I am perilously close to having to spend 10 hours this
weekend driving my younger sister's CIVIC to the wedding and back, she
doesn't care, she's in africa for a couple of years....

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Adam
Philadelphia (car in southern NJ)