mouth of the dragon CD and the scarf eating accident

john hertzman writes:

> I received a review copy of it some time ago. In AD4-548 (look it up) Luke
> Kowalski, who is an interface designer for a division of Netscape, reported on
> his experience, starting with "I am VERY SORRY, but it sucks" and then
> becoming more critical.
[snip, snip....]
> Luke
> later (AD4-575) moderated his criticism, saying that "It turns out that
> I did
> not read the instructions" well enough, which, from a computer
> professional,
> says something about the intuitive usability.

did i feel silly on that one...it turns out that i dumped on something
that a good friend of mine was helping to market and sell (different
from the author)...

Besides, I never like to mix my job and my hobbies that much,
so i would say count my critique as only one opinion since i did not
conduct any usability
testing on this piece. You might like it, and besides, it is selling
very well, I think.
 I did meet the creator, though. I ran away right before he finished
reciting his resumee as
rebuttal to my digest postings. My friend does tell me that he is a good
guy. Anybody who contributes to our little obcession to the marque is.
Maybee he will do version 2 (two) that will include more postwar cars
and make the custom install transparent and automatic. I would probably
get it...

thx
luke

95 164LS (drunk on $8 a quart Selenia synthetic), 82 GTV6 (new battery),
74
Spider (almost bonded with new wife-ask about the scarf eating
accident), 93 T-Bird (hers, nice cold ac).

- --
Danger!!! Personal opinion:    "SUVs 'R obSCENE"
Luke M. Kowalski, Interface Designer-   NETSCAPE
(mailto:lukek@domain.elided)         Mt. View, CA