Alfa Electrics - any ideas?

Wondered if anyone has any ideas?  The factory sunroof on my 1995 145 1.7
16V has packed in.  It was working, I closed it, came back, hit the button
- - nothing!  Checked fuse and relay - seem OK - relay very hot though.  I
can guess the motor is seized open - anyone got any quick fixes to try?

I was pretty unhappy, whilst I expect dodgy electrics in older cars, I
thought the electrical gremlins were dead in newer cars.  My wife was also
not happy, when things like this happen VW Golfs loom ever larger.  Anyway
I phoned Alfa UK Customer Service, who incidentally were very busy at
6.30pm on a weekday evening, had to wait in a queue.  I bitched them out
and generally grumbled, they may meet some of the cost as a goodwill
gesture but I'm waiting to find out the cost!  Not cheap I suspect...

The irony is that the roof on my 1987 75/Milano works perfectly (Thats the
car for sale btw.....)

Any suggestions please mail.  What are other ppls experiences with
electrics on the newer cars?

Cheers

Lyndon Martin

145 1.7 16V