164 a-arm bushings

> In message , "Dr M.G. Salter" <mcmikey@domain.elided> writes
> >I have just had my car through the U.K. Mot test and it has failed
> >because of a worn track control arm bush. This is the bush that mounts
> >the wishbone to the chasis. My local Alfa dealer says that you cannot
> >get the bush on its own, you have to buy the whol suspension piece,
> >GBP100 !!!!! Does anyone know if we can get the bush on its own?
> >It seems to have worn because of oil dripping onto it , probably from
> >the cambelt tensioner, do I need to change this urgently or can it wait
> >600 for the 108000 service?

	I recently sent a long boring schpeel on Superflex (UK) bushings and
the procedure to replace them in a 164. Total cost was 25 GBP or about
$43.
	So far, all has been great, but the car is still off the road,
Installation in the old a-arms is a messy but relatively straight
forward process. Be ready to get good and dirty. R&R of parts is quite
simple. Installation of bushings is up to your mechanical abilities.

	Let me know if you want more info.

- --

Bill Harkell
Tampa Florida

'91 Alfa 168 B with big blue Superflex urethane front end bushings, and
Addco sway bar links (urethane), new clutch assembly, shifter bushings,
rear main seal, and it continues...

http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm