Re: 164 Alarm

Bernie,

There is a technical bulletin on the alarm (40.95.03).  The alarm auto locks
out after using for 256 times if you don't lock it out manually.  It only
remembers 4 remotes and erases the first if 5 are memorized.  You need to have
the unlock codes to set the remote.

I only had one remote with my 95 164Q and purchased another from Knauz.  I
used the technical bulletin and it still took me well over an hour to get the
flashing lights down well enough to get the new one programmed in.  I got a
number with my new remote that doesn't resemble the numbers required, and I
tried every combination of them.   But luckily I had two numbers from the
previous owner, only one remote, but both numbers worked.

John Justus