Re: Al Porter's 164 Air Conditioning

Al, I am surprised at your 164 air conditioner not keeping up with the heat.

We came back from Santa Fe in 110 degrees in Oklahoma and Kansas.  The car was
running hot, but we had the air set at one notch below where the heat comes on
full blast, as the car was as cool as we needed.  The car doesn't cool down as
fast as US cars, but it stays as cool as you want when at highway speeds.  You
may be a little low on Freon.

On another note, I think the 7000 RPM redline is the main reason the 164's
don't cool off as fast, as the pulley ratio has to be lower to keep the
compressor intact at 7000 RPM.   (Same thoughts on 12 V with 6500 RPM limit)
John Justus
1995 164Q
1971 1750 GTV (slowly being reassembled in the garage)