Re:Badges!!!

<<Have the Beastie boys started wearing Alfa badges round their necks, VW
owners
certainly suffered last time when their badges were targeted. I just wondered
because some cretin ripped the boot badge off my 164 last week. To add insult
injury they seem to have broken the seal  with the end result that water
leakes into
the rear light cluster which is attached to the boot/trunk lid!!!>>

A few weeks ago here in Carlisle we had a mini crime wave, where kids were
nicking car badges, I was one of their victims.  If the badge has gone you
will need to replace the whole unit. It cost about 25 pounds.  It is easy to
replace the unit yourself if you want to.

The new badge should come with a new water seal. There are a couple of wires
that need to be disconnected from the rear of the unit.  There is also a clip
which can easily moved to release the unit.  The badge should come out next.
In order to take out the key barrel the back of the old one needs to be prised
off ( I did this with a small screwdriver).  The trick is to remember which
way up the barrel was originally.  If you get this wrong your key will not
work !!  The barrel should push out of the old unit and be pushed into the new
one.  From here the badge should be easy to refit.  The whole process takes
about five or ten minutes, and my manual skills are very poor.

Any problems e-mail me direct

Steve
164 TS
Cumbria UK