Re: Track control arm bushes for 164

I had the same answer here, when I replaced all the bushings I could.
Either the whole lower control arm, or no new front bush--another Alfa
Exclusive!!--The rear bush, however is replacebale--Are you sure it was
the front bush, or just a wiggling control arm?--If the latter, replacing
the rear bushing would be a good first try.

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Dr M.G. Salter wrote:

> I have just had my car through the U.K. Mot test and it has failed
> because of a worn track control arm bush. This is the bush that mounts
> the wishbone to the chasis. My local Alfa dealer says that you cannot
> get the bush on its own, you have to buy the whol suspension piece,
> GBP100 !!!!! Does anyone know if we can get the bush on its own?
> It seems to have worn because of oil dripping onto it , probably from
> the cambelt tensioner, do I need to change this urgently or can it wait
> 600 for the 108000 service?
> Thanks in anticipation
> Mike
> 164L 3.0