Pedal configuration in 105 GTV's

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 11:53:17 +1000
> From: Tony Lupton <t.lupton@domain.elided>
> Subject: JHertzman@domain.elided
>
> John Hertzman wrote about pedal configuration in 105 GTVs
>
> > Regardless of the numbering confusion, a look under the hood confirms
> > that there would be serious space conflicts in putting an LHD-style
> > pendant pedal assembly, booster and master cylinder on a RHD car.
>
> Not sure how relevant this is, but in 116 (and derivative) RHD cars, the
> clutch MC is mounted directly on the firewall in front of the driver,
> and a large rod linkage is used to transfer the brake pedal movement to
> the vacumn booster/brake MC assembly mounted on the firewall in front of
> the passenger. Any reason why this couldn't be done in a 105?

I've seen a US sourced Spider here in Sydney that has a 116 style brake linkage
and M/C installed as part of the conversion to RHD. Looked neat enough,
was all Alfa parts and apparently the engineer's certificate wasn't much
of a problem.  I couldn't comment on how much work it was to perform though.

However, I've also seen photos of under the bonnet of a Bell & Colville
turbocharged Alfetta GTV (UK) that had the brake M/C shifted to the
RHS to make way for the turbo.  Anything can be done with the right
application of money.

dave.