Clutch problems

About Pressure plates and diafragh springs:

In AD#69 I asked a question about clutches braking down very rapidly
because the bearing ruins the diafragma in the pressure plate. Willy Smidth
replied to me he also had this problem (cutting his fingers on the
diafraghm springs because they were sharp as knifes). He assumes this
problems was caused by the slave cilinder not releasing enough.
I actually thought the oppossite. I have always assumed the bearing should
be in constant contact with the pressure plate, so no slipping between the
bearing and diafragma will take place. If there is too much release from
the slave cilinder the bearing would not work until you press the clutch.

Who can tell us how this should actually work?

Greetings,
Hans de Kok

BTW, has anybody seen the turbo kits supplied by novitec, on a 3.0V6 24V we
finally got 308 hp. (www.novitec.com) I would like to know more!

Greetings,
Hans de Kok