RE: Parking lights again!

Neil Cotie is getting a bit reckless on modes of address
>Gentlemen and Scholars,
>(take your pick!  ;-)

It should probably be Gentlemen or Scholars, or (fussy)
Ladies and Gentlemen, or Scholars,

Those old enough to have read Don Marquis may remember the time when Archy
asked Gus the Ghost whether he believed in ghosts, to which he replied "No,
and if you had known as many of them as I have you wouldn't believe in them
either." (The last academic institution I taught at had three restrooms,
labeled "Ladies", "Gentlemen" and "Faculty".)

Bethatasitmay, Neil says (of the parking lights incorporated within
headlights)
"It may be easier to find these type of lights for the smaller inside driving
lights on the bertone, which leads to an aesthetic decision as to whether you
want the inside lights on with the parking lights or the outer!  ;-)"

Given Gary Stark's recollection of seeing them on '70s cars of the Ford
Escort/Cortina level, and the inherent logic that it was probably done
initially to save pennies, I would think they would have been common on larger
lights before the smaller ones became popular. Whether they would now be as
easily found for the obsolescent size is another question. However, I would
think the smaller inside light would be the logical choice.

Neil asks of the 1750 (EuroBerlina) parking lights, "if they are the same as
what was used on the series 1 euro 1750 gtv, then I've already got pictures of
them, from John Tipler's book on GTV and GTA." They do appear to be, and
probably are, the ones in the top picture on p.28 in Tipler. Their form is
just a bit more abrupt at the corner than one might wish, but they should go
well either above or below either a type 1 or type 2 US bumper. In any
position I think they would be neater than the generic rectangle used on the
US cars.

John