Re: garbage

At 01:39 PM 8/28/98 EDT, Pottree@domain.elided wrote:

>Someone posted the other day about a couple of Digests coming through as
>garbled nonsense.  I've had at least half a dozen like that in the past week.
>Previously, this happened only once every few months or so.  Could it be
>sunspots or do they all do that?

he only sent it to me, but clearly intended for the digest.

i have suspected for a little while that there might be some problems with
attachments on aol; i sent a prospectus for neworks to a venture capitalist
who has an aol account last week, and it got garbled as well.

the aol system staff may be making "improvements".

until they get done, you may need to visit the archives:

ftp://ftp.digest.net/alfa/

in order to review any garbled digests.

richard