164 Error code 1-2-2-3 solved

Since the service manual says check air leaks first.
But the only check I did was visual.  So I decided
to buy a vacuum gauge to test it.  The idle reading was
9" but my 94 164LS reading was 14".  So I know
somewhere air is leaking and the most likely places
are intake pipe gaskets.  Because I reuse the old gasketS
and I secure the throttle body first and tried
to twist and turn pipes into place.  The gaskets are
actually fine but some of them separated from pipe
and I did not glue them to pipe first. I was so tired and
want to finsih the project before 2:00 am, I was doing
it at very haste pace.

I bought new gaskets from Alfa Parts in noon time, and
decided if I didn't found anything wrong there.  The next
thing will be checking the timing which require remove the
cam covers again !  But I was happy to discover one gasket
was installed so wrong that half of it was inside the pipe !

To make intake pipes installation easier and fool proof I
glued gasketS on intake pipes, then loosen the throttle body
securing screws. carefully install pipes, it is easy because
there nothing in the way this time.  After secured pipes,
just push throttle body pipes connection into intake pipe hoses.

Now my 92 164S is purring like a kitten, some kitten !
But the power steering is still leaking slowly.  Will, I
don't know if I want to do this myself.

Thanks,
Karl 92 164S, San Jose, CA USA

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]