Re: thermostat

Danny Pham wrote:

<snip>

> I was told by Paul Spruel Alfa to not worry till gauge is
> almost upon 250 and red light comes on! It's supposed to be
> normal to stay on the dash before 250 and not go beyond. Now
> is that the general consensus?

In the Dallas heat, humidity and *traffic* that is correct. Out
here in West Texas there is no traffic, usually low humidity and
cooler ambiant temps so our 164 rarely reaches the "red light"
stage. But If it were in the traffic of Big D, Austin, Houston,
etc. our 164 would be getting real close to pegging the temp
needle and turning on the warning light. Hope that relieves your
fears.

My advise: PUT IN THE THERMOSTAT before you do some real damage
to the engine. Otherwise, you may not make it to 300,000 miles!

Bernie
in the mountains of Alpine, TX
Texas Hill Country AROC