Re:Bill's Crazy Alfa Trip Idea

Having recently taken a tour of the West, I have one suggestion- avoid
the Interstates and take secondary roads.  The obvious choices are Route
1 in CA and Route 66 through the Southwest, but there are other equally
wonderful roads that present a slice of Americana from the 50s and 60s.
Basically, what I did was wake up every morning, and pick a thin line on
the map- but there's a book called Road Trip USA by Jamie Jensen which
outlines many of these roads.

A side note- I found that in most cases, I could go just as fast or
encounter much more exciting drives on the secondary roads than on the
Interstates.  Best memory:  7PM in July, a deserted road in the
California desert, doing 95, the sun setting in my rear view mirror, and
the Frank Sinatra Cole Porter Songbook in the tape deck.

Have fun!

Robin

'67Duetto (Lucia)- in the garage during the aforementioned road trip :-(
'92 Saab 900 (Laszlo)- practical road warrior

Robin Boyar
Manager, Customer Care
InsWeb Corporation
1875 S. Grant St. #800