Re: crazy Alfa trip idea--mapping computer programs--GPS

Hey Bill:
According to my Computerized mapping program, visiting all the state
capitals would only be 32,000 + miles (varies by about 300 miles
depending on the state capital you start from!).  One of the neat things
about the Automap Pro program was its ability to optimise a long list of
destinations.

Currently don't have it installed; but if you send me a list of places,
I could reinstall.   For simple trips, these days I use DeLorme's Street
Atlas USA & AAA's Map 'n Go with a GPS reciever plugged in to the back
of my Laptop.  Plans my route than tracks it as I drive it and with
Street Atlas, talks the route to me counting down turns as I drive.