Re: alfa-purchase

Howdy folks,

I have just fell in love.  My father purchased a 1981 spider and just
had the engine rebuilt with a mind toward performance.  I am now
wanting to purchase my first Alfa.  I am looking at 1970-1974 GTVs and
would like to ask a few questions.

1. What is the going rate for these vehicles in California,
specifically the San Francisco Bay area.

2. What are the maintenance costs of these vehiclles?

3. Are parts readily available for these cars?

4. What are the more desired features to look for when purchasing?

5. What are the major problems with these cars to lokk out for?

5a. How can I determine what problems are present (tell tale signs)?

6.Which yearshave the fewest problems?

Any help answering these questins would be greatly appreciated.  I
have been smitten, and amnow looking to sell my 1990 Nissan Maxima and
purchase a "Real Car".

Thank you for your time

Greg Morgan (Soon to be Alpha pilot)=20