THERMOSTAT

 all the recent postings on thermostats has caused me to think about my
thermostat. When I bought the car (Alfetta) it had no thermostat so I
installed one designated 175 degrees. Is that too cold? The car runs fine
and gets warm, never overheats or even creeps much past 180. It also has
managed to go through smog testing without a cat and pass. I guess I could
talk to the dealer but it is easier to post the question here. Should I go
185, 190 for a thermostat? I am in Oregon north of the 45th parallel and I
think we are about to have a very cold winter.
Thomas Baumen