FW: Funky Spider Starting Ritual

*
- ----------
From: "Duke and Shelly Jones" <dukeshel@domain.elided>
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Funky Spider Starting Ritual
Date: Thu, Sep 24, 1998, 22:52

Alfisti,
    Here's an odd one from the "My Spider Smokes Crack" files.  When I turn
the ignition switch on my 89' grad the starter motor picks up and cranks.
It doesn't fire and sometimes it cuts out of its own volition.  After two to
ten of these little fake starts, it fires -- when the key is released to the
run position.  It stutters and starts.  It will not start with the key in
the start up position.  Any guesses?  I would like to solve this.  My local
guru has a long enough list for this car.

Arguing with the ghost in the machine,

"We shan't do anything even without our heads, in spite of the fact that it
is our heads that mostly interfere with our understanding."
Dostoyevsky