RE: Funky Spider Starting Ritual

>From: "Duke and Shelly Jones" <dukeshel@domain.elided>
>Subject: Funky Spider Starting Ritual
>
> It will not start with the key in the start up position.

I sometimes have a similar thing happen with my '68 gtv.  If you crank
the motor, it turns over, but will not catch until you release the key.
A number of people have flattened the battery by doing this when trying
to start it.  If you crank it for a second or two and release, it
catches and runs.  if you just keep cranking, it never fires.

could this be some quirk of alfa electrics?  Im pretty sure its *not*
that some part of the ignition system doesn't get power when in the
'turn over' position - that would be crazy.  But then, many things about
alfas are crazy... (but of course, the alfa engineers *must* have had
their reasons! ;-)

Ben
'68 1750 GTV

End of alfa-digest V7 #61