Re: Assorted questions from a new GTV6 owner

"Terrence W. Meacock" <tmeacock@domain.elided> writes:
> Many thanks to those list members who responded to my question about
> correct oil pressure for my '84 GTV6. As a new owner, I would also
> appreciate help/advice with the following:
>
> - Owner's handbook. My car came with just about everything except the
> handbook. Does anyone have one they they can afford to part with, or
> suggest where I may be able to obtain one?

If you're a member of AROC-USA, you can get a reprint of your manual from
the club library. See:
 http://www.aroc-usa.org/tech.html

> - Oil pressure warning light. My  car has the oil pressure gauge but,
> apparently, no warning light. Should there be one? If so, where on the
> dash should it be located? Given the unreliability of the gauges, I'd
> feel happier if there was a warning light as well.

There is a warning light built into the oil pressure guage.

> - Sun roof Lever. Am I right in thinking the handle/lever that operates
> the sunroof should have some kind of surround beneath it? If so, mine is
> missing, leaving the panel lining to look a little scruffy where the
> lever hinges. Does anyone have the appropriate fitment to sell?

Yes, there is a surround for the handle. No longer available from Alfa. Start
searching ...

> - Loose fitting rear side glass. Although my car has been well cared for
> and is in great shape, I was disturbed to find movement in both rear
> side windows (the large non-winding panels). Is this a common problem?
> What is the appropriate fix?

WAD. They all do that. The body does flex a bit and this keeps the glass from
shattering.

> Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks, Terry.

- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6        '87 Milano Gold         '94 164LS Auto
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm