Re: Milano Clanking

Jan Ben <ben@domain.elided> writes:
> My '88 Milano Verde gave me a new surprise today.  Basically a fairly loud
> clanking noise that appears to be coming from the propshaft area. The noise is
> only at idle, when the car is fully warm.
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> I have the same thing, and was about to reply that it's prob. the center support+/or brg,
> and/or bad donuts that let the propshaft hit (just my guess at this point).  But then I read that
> you've rebuilt the propshaft.  So all can say now is "me too",  plse 'elp us...

Clanking can occur if the center muffler is too close to the rear donut.
Check for marks on the muffler.

- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6 - a/c still apart
'87 Milano Gold - engine ready to pull for rebuild
'94 164LS Auto - New AVSi tires, nice!
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm