Re: alfa-digest V7 #51

Thanks everyone for responding to my Overheat problem. I left out I
had removed the thermostat and still have the same problem. It seems
that what I had perceived to be antifreeze in the engine bay was also
oil; which covered my a/c belt. From what I can tell, is also attached
to the water pump. The belt was slipping; therefore the pump was not
working as it should. No loss of antifreeze because the level has been
consistent. Can't locate source of oil leak, but am planning to
replace all belts, and crank/cam seals. There's supposed to be three
seals on the passenger side. I hope this does the trick...

- ---alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

> alfa-digest          Friday, August 21 1998          Volume 07 :
Number 051

> [...]
>        Digest Coordinator
>
> Contents:
>
>      Re: 164 overheating
>      Yahoo! Mail Auto-Reply
>      Re: alfa-digest V7 #50
>      Alfa 6 manual needed
>      GTV6 still sick / hiccuping...(hic.....)
>      Front Suspension Problems (105)
>      164 Battery Failure Mode
>      Turbo/supercharging the 75 TS
>      Re: alfa-digest V7 #50
>      Concours 156
>      164  rack leaks
>      ABS master FS
>      Re: alfa-digest V7 #50RE: possible timing belt slippage on hills
>      Re: Downloading problems
>      Re: car covers
>      Re: Parking lot windscreen damage
>      Sprint Green Cloverleaf for sale
>      164L Exhaust
>      Milano Transaxle in a GTV6
>      re: some thoughts on Concours Italiano
>      78 spider diff. plug gasket
>      Shankle oil cooler on a GTV6/ Milano?
>      Looking for a V6 155 (UK)
>      Rosso Amaranto
>      Rosso Amaranto
>
> Alfa Digest Home Page:
>
> /alfa/
>
> Send submissions to alfa-digest@domain.elided
>
> Send administrative requests to alfa-digest-request@domain.elided
>
> To unsubscribe, include the word unsubscribe by itself in the body of
> the message, unless you are sending the request from a different
address
> than the one that appears on the list.  Include the word help in a
> message to alfa-digest-request to get a list of other majordomo
> commands.

> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 05:53:05 -0500
> From: Ken Stevenson <k.stevenson@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: 164 overheating
>
> Unlike Rodney, I experienced overheating in a Milano with the
thermostat
> removed. Could it depend on what time of year it is? If coolant
> circulates through the heater core would that make a difference?
>
> There is a difference on the 164, it has no heater control valve. Hot
> coolant circulates year-round.
>
> > Ken Stevenson wrote:
> >
> > >  Unlike detroit cars, the Alfa V-6 will over-heat without a
> > > thermostat. The
> > > coolant flow goes off the wrong direction without a thermostat.
>
> Rodney Tidwell wrote:
>
> > Milanos and GTV6s certainly don't overheat w/o thermostats.  I can't
> > imagine the 164 would be any different.  What other path could the
> > coolant go except to circulate through the entire cooling system?
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:33:59 -0700 (PDT)
> From: <schuga@domain.elided>
> Subject: Yahoo! Mail Auto-Reply
>
> Hi!  You recently sent an email to me, I am
> back from the Goodwill Games, but now
> working at the US Open in NYC and can
> not respond immediately.
>
> I will try to read my email once every week,
> but don't hold me to that.  So if you need
> to contact me, please page me at the
> following number and leave a message on my

Number 050