Re: Parking lot windscreen damage

Keith Ahern <keith@domain.elided> wrote:

> However it was facing another car, separated by a 4 foot wide
> walkway.  The best theory I can come with is that some #$%^er in a
> tricked out Intregra or similar left his spot 'with vigor', as a lot of
> those cars do in this area and flicked a stone up into my windscreen.
>
> So my question is, do I have a leg to stand on regarding the Restaurant
> ? I took some pictures of the car in place - luckily I still had film in
> my camera after the Concours Italiano.  Should I bother trying to get
> money out of them ?

Please, please never park on my property if you are asking this question
seriously...

I agree that it's disappointing to have your windshield damaged (my '86
picked up a "bullethole" a few months ago, and I was not happy as I know
that the glass with integral antenna is neither cheap nor plentiful...) but
the leap required to conclude that the restaurant is remotely responsible
makes Evil Kneivel's stunts look like child's play...

Call your insurance co, get the car fixed, and leave the restaurant alone;
they didn't do it, and they aren't responsible just because they were the
closest "deep pockets" you could find...

- ---Jim