164 Power Steering and Electrical Problems (Supposed to be funny)

In message , "Joseph A. Fillip" <Fillip@domain.elided> writes
>The car is also exhibiting an increasing number of electrical gremlins in
>the dash displays. Although I don't view any of these as serious, I
>suppose I'd like to take care of them so that I don't don't eventually wind
>up with a disco light show every time I drive:
>
>1. Red high temperature light on the temperature gauge lights up when
>car is started, and goes out when the car has warmed up;

Check that you have a round/earth lead to the connection next to the
Temp. sensor
>2. External and internal temperature display lights on the ventilation
>system have gone dead;

Normal, I think
>3. Battery icon light on the dash display lights up for a few seconds
>periodically, particularly when car is started;  and

Check belt tightness
>4. Radiator icon light on the dash display lights up periodically (30
>seconds max) during driving, although the fluid level in the cooling
>system is fine.

Radiator icon light is a double sensor, as is the windscreen squirt
alert. The windscreen squirt lamp is also adjustable. They are used when
comparing handling setups, if you are going round corners fast enough
one or both of these can be encouraged to come on. By adjusting the
squirt level you can get a qualitive assesment of adjustments as scary
fast and scary fast might be different lateral G levels but appear
identical.
- --
Jonathan Coates
164LV6 Daily driver Scary fast
752.0TS T car very scary fast round corners
Alfetta 2.0 GTV Waiting for Prince Charming (i.e. spare cash)
33 Sportswagon due on the road this week if the cheque comes.