Parking lot windscreen damage

Alfisti!

I went to a restaurant for 30 mins yesterday evening in Sunnyvale
California.  When I came out my 1985 Spider had a 4 inch crack on the
driver side of the windscreen, at one side of the crack is a very
definite impact point where something hit it.  When I parked my car it
had no car on either side of it (on purpose - I'm wary of where I park
my car).  However it was facing another car, separated by a 4 foot wide
walkway.  The best theory I can come with is that some #$%^er in a
tricked out Intregra or similar left his spot 'with vigor', as a lot of
those cars do in this area and flicked a stone up into my windscreen.

So my question is, do I have a leg to stand on regarding the Restaurant
? I took some pictures of the car in place - luckily I still had film in
my camera after the Concours Italiano.  Should I bother trying to get
money out of them ?

I went to an after market windscreen place and it wasn't even in their
system.  I believe the alfa part is extraordinarily expensive, luckily a
call to those saviors at APE resulted in a price of $125 !

Keith
85 Spider Veloce
79 Alfetta GT Velocissima