Radio Antenna

Kathy:  My guess is that the control filament is either broken or
detached from one of its anchors. It sounds like the motor is working so
you might be able to just replace the antenna and filament assembly. Most
auto parts chains have a selection of mast replacement kits. I would
remove the entire unit from the car and see if you can identify the
manufacturer and model number. (Harada <Japanese> is a common brand used
in the US.)

Once the unit is out of the car, you can test it by applying voltage to
the connectors from the battery. Rewinding and tensioning the mast
control filament can be a frustrating experience, however, so you might
consider replacing the entire assembly. Just be sure you get one that
will fit where it is supposed to and has the proper electrical
connections for your setup.

Another (and cheaper) alternative would be to dispense with the power
antenna altogether and just install a simple mast. You can replace a lot
of broken masts for the cost of a single power antenna unit!

Hope this helps.

Tom Muccino
Amherst, NH
(603)672.0763

'75 Spider
'73 GTV
2 Subarus and a Dodge Aries.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]