Re: Overheating 164

danny pham <robustful@domain.elided> writes...

>I need some MAJOR MAJOR advice here. I have a 91 164L. Cracked the
>radiator due to heat. Had a new one from Paul Spruel in Georgia. Temp
>used to stay @175. Now goes 231 after rad. replacement. Radiator Fan
>is bypassed to be on at all times. 8 month old H20 pump. Fluid lvl.
>good. Changing temp. sensor next. Still overheated today. red light
>went on. Anyone have any ideas?

Danny-  First, why do you have the fan wired to be on all the time?
There really is no need for this  ...even in Atlanta.  Anyway, here's
some possibilities...

1) Temp sensor bad (possibly shorting to ground, sending max temp signal)
2) Blown head gasket - have you checked the back of the oil filler cap
for mayo?
3) Infant mortality of water pump
4) New rad' clogged (with what?)
5) Bad thermostat (not opening)

Good luck,

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]