The Concours

Paul asked how it was.  The Concours Italiano was superb.  Yes the only new
Alfa Romeo was the 156.  A 1.6 TS with the Nuvola paint. I was there with a
non-car enthusiast friend, and she thought the car was wonderful.  I seem to
have heard some more of that on the Digest, by the way.

By memory, and others probably have better knowledge of the older cars than I;
but there were a couple of Stradales, a tipo 33, several GTZ's.  There were a
fair number of 6C and 8C cars (pre-war, right?).  There was one, stunning in
black and maroon.  Drop dead gordeous.  My friend, who isn't into cars, but
knows style when she sees it, turned her head and was mightily impressed.  A
lot of camera clicking in it's vicinity.

There were ALfas, Alfas, Alfas.  Daily drivers, spiffed up for the show.
There were early model one-offs.  Our (large) corner of the event was
overflowing with all sorts of Alfa Romeos of all models, old and new.  "Twas
glorious.

Oh yeah, there were a couple of other models and makes there as well.  So many
Ferraris, as a matter of fact, that they almost got boring.  Now, THAT is a
shame.  What can you say, money can't buy class, just really neat toys.

btw - the Alfetta ran like a jewel.  Up and down the Coast Hiway - #1.  The
rough road, due to construction wreaked minor havoc on the exhaust system, but
a short "talk" with a muffler guy in Monterey took care of that.  A WONDERFUL
experience.  Sorry you couldn't make it.

Jay Negrin
76 Alfetta GT
ARO Southern California