Re: Towing with Alfa GTV

Thanks to the people who have provided comments on my towing situation
with the GTV & vee.   With regard to the weight of the vee, Richard may
not realise that I am not located in the USA.   In Australia, the weight
restriction on vee's is (I think) 450 kg including driver.   Since I
weight about 70 kg, this leaves a car weight of 380 kg or 838 lb.   I
assume that the 1000 lb minimum weight restriction on a vee is without
driver (?).

Combined trailer/car/tool weight is estimated to be somewhere around
800-900 kg (1760lb-1984lb).   The static load on the trailer tounge is
minimal, as the trailer will just about balance itself when not attached
to the tow car.   I do however, understand the concerns about dynamic
load.

Regards,

Joe