Re: Alfa 75/Milano

Trevor Turner wrote:

> I am the proud new owner of a 1987 Alfa 75, (Milano to you yanks).
> Just a couple of quick questions, mainly for the other Aussies on the
> digest.
>
> Do I need to use premium unleaded or will the standard stuff do?

US spec. Milano's are set to run on unleaded regular.  I compromise with
medium grade 'plus'; but use the required 'premium' in the 164s.

> Where can I get a workshop manual from, and does anyone have any views
> on the CD manuals?

All criticism's of the CD are valid; but it's a lot of info in one place
at a bargain price and it is useable.  The wiring diagram is the worst
if someone would reprint it...

> How do I adjust the tappets on the 2.5 V6?

The same way as the 4 cyl only 6X instead of 4.  Seriously, valves and
cams in Alfa's IMHO offer enough chance for expensive noises that I
recommend becoming a checkbook mechanic.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX