Re: Rebuild kits for Solex carbs

Does anyone know where I can purchase rebuild kits for Solex C-40-DDH carbs
(40 mm dual sidedraft - pseudo-Weber DCOE look-a-likes)?  This type of carb
was used on European 2000 cars (105, 115, 116, maybe others).  I have a pair
on a stock Euro '79 Alfetta GTV and also have a spare pair in need of a
rebuild.

Certainly rebuild kits are available in Europe - Do any European subscribers
know how much they cost?

I heard a rumor that mid '60s Mercedes 190SL might have used the same Solex
carbs - can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas
lots of Alfas