RE: Hard start '79 Spica

Fred-

Thanks for the help. It turns out it was it was idling on the
solenoid. Two full CW revolutions (one eighth each time) before
it even started to stay running. Also, well before this the
solenoid started bringing the idle down.

I assume this means it is time to take out the AROC Spica book
and start from scratch in setting up the pump. Also, don't use
the shop that set-up the pump?

>There is only one way to adjust the cold
>start solenoid, easily.  With the engine fully warmed up and at idle
>speed (about 950rpm) take the wire off the solenoid and with a jumper
>from the battery or cable, energize it.  The rpms must not drop more the=

>75-100.  If no rpm change, the solenoid is not moving, if the engine
>quits as soon as you energize, it's set way too rich.
>
>Turning the solenoid clockwise leans it out.  Counter clockwise
>enrichens.  Adjust until you settle on 100 rpm drop if up North, 75 rpm
>drop if you live way down South.  After the last adjustment tighten the
>locknut and give it one more shot.  The locknut being tightened will
>raise the solenoid enough to enrichen the mixture some.  Be patient, do
>it right or not at all.

Thanks again,
- -Mark
- --