Re: humidity...

Michael:

Finally, a question I can answer:

alfanut@domain.elided wrote:

> weather this summer. Hope things cool down soon.
>
> My question re: AC is... what the hell did people do before AC (car, home
> or work)? People really act like it isa must for survival.

The answer is we all weren't so paranoid about having our
car/radio/cdplayer/cell phone &c stolen... and so when it was hot we
kept the windows down and the car never got so very hot inside.

I remember a '67 GTV which in summer rarely had the windows up.  These
days, my Milano (still For Sale), when parked for a short time during
the day has its windows half down... You know if the temp inside isn't
forced to 120+ by the greenhouse effect of keeping the windows closed...
well once the car gets moving the moving air makes it not so bad.  On
the highway at 80mph the car is livable, though the wind noise is very
annoying, radio won't play loud enough to drown it out.

As for an open car with the sun beating down on the head....

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX (near Houston, high humidity and 100degrees today)