re: humidity...

>Tell me, have you ever left California?
All the time. I've been all over the world. I even worked in Houston for a
week one summer. The walk between the hotel and the Convention Center was
pretty atrocious. Similar to New Orleans or Florida or China in mid summer.

>Have you ever tried to drive
>through Houston during the summer with your top down?

I always keep my shirt on. ;-)  and No convertible taxis yet on my travels..=
=2E

>I have to keep my
>car inside all day because the a/c does not work, and therefore the car
>is no longer practical transportation.

I heard that from a taxi driver in N.O. once. Your AC's broke?...your car
is broke. Might as well have thrown a rod... (he was driving with the
window down until he picked me up and then he turned on the AC so obviously
it is possible to survive...)

>The last time I drove my Spider
>during the day with the top down I got sick after about twenty minutes
>and had to go home.

just think how much your car likes it too! Perfect time to run the junker
you don't care about...

>Come, come to Houston and see why convertables come
>with air contitioners. Do not asume that everyone has the luxury of
>living in one of the most heavenly climates on earth

Sacramento? Heavenly? Maybe you are thinking of San Diego or Santa Barbara.

We hit 111=B0 (along with a few other 3-digit days) here last week (and it
was even more humid than normal -but still not Texas humid) and I had to
drive the duetto in the heat all week as the GTV was still not quite right
and the Berlina is being heavily detailed in prep for Monterey. Yep, it can
make you sick. That's why I could never have the Duetto as my only car. Of
course none of our other cars have AC either. Most folks here think we are
crazy... only po' (or stupid) folk live w/o AC they say....

It really sounds like Texas is getting a bit more than its share of hellish
weather this summer. Hope things cool down soon.

My question re: AC is... what the hell did people do before AC (car, home
or work)? People really act like it isa must for survival.

Bought my first house two years ago. First place I've ever lived with AC.
Someday I may have a car with AC but not holding my breath.

regards,

Michael Williams
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto