Re: HELP - Driveshaft removal problem - GTV-6

Eureka!

Thank you all who responded. 'The screwdriver (in my
case a Craftsman 12 1/2 " long and with a square
shaft to rest flat against the egde of the access
hole) wedged between the donut nuts and a socket
on a good size breaker bar' solution did the trick.
I only undid the three nuts holding the driveshaft
to the flywheel. I've undone the nuts of the rear
cover and the hanger bearing support nuts. The whole
driveshaft slides back but the bottom of the gear-
shift is in the way so I'll have to remove this and
I think pry down the rear cover to get the donut
through. I'm out of time tonight. Thanks again.

Greg Connolly.
1973 GTV, Lemans Blue
1982 GTV-6 Balocco, #173 of 350