Re: Ereminas brake pads

At 06:36 AM 8/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Dan asked:
>>Has anybody had any experience with the semi-metallic brake pads from
>>Ereminas Imports ?  My Milano needs new pads and the Metal Masters are
>>more than I wish to spend.

>As far as I know, everybody seems to like the Ereminas pads for both street
>and mild track use.

i do. the only issue is that i've found that i may need to go to a carbon
pad in my SCCA ITB alfetta, to resolve cooling issues. the semis stop just
fine, but they transmit heat right through into the caliper -- the carbon
pads from some vendors now have ceramic spacers between the backing plate
and the friction material to help with these problems.

on the other hand, i ran the ereminas pads in my 2.5L Milano at the track
for years, and never had a problem -- the GTV-6/Milano brakes cool a lot
better than the Alfetta brakes.

richard