Re: Giulia Spider Veloce Questions

Howard,
I do not believe there should be an "aux. Bendix fuel pump" it must have been
added. The mech. pump works quite well by itself. Make sure that you have a
fuel pressure regulator in line before the carbs, set at 3-4 lbs, or have the
original filter bowl/regulator combo. This is important. Check the mech fuel
pump for leaks internally - take it apart and inspect the diaphragm, if it
leaks, gas is mixed directly with the engine oil = bad news for your engine
very quickly, this is not a common problem but worth checking, it is easy to
do. On the exhaust, the original did NOT go over the axel. I too had an
aftermarket pipe that went over the axel, it was too small and did vibrate. I
have asked many about this and researched the original parts books etc. At
first, I did not like the idea of the pipe going under, however, the original
pipes look just fine, look at someone's if you have a chance. Did you get my
last email on this? I can give you more info on the pipes if you are interested.

Regards,
Tom Lesko
Hingham, MA