delivery lag

I am curious about the delivery properties of the digest.  Yesterday
some parts were posted for sale, the individual indicated he no sooner
sent the message that he received a response from back east.  The
transaction took place so quickly that he had time to post a follow up
message that some of the parts were already gone in the same issue
before it was delivered (to me at least)  Just wondering

Ian