Milano Water Pump Failure Survey

The water pump in our 1988 Milano Platinum (build date 12/87) abruptly
failed with bearing seizure  at 25,000 miles.  The car now has 42,000 miles
on the clock, so it is a bit too soon to say much about the replacement
pump.  The only other water pump failure I ever had (I bought my first car
in 1948) was with our 1969 Alfa Spider, again bearing seizure.  Both
failures occurred in exactly the same location, as the cars were entering
our driveway.  So while I can complain about the pumps failing, I certainly
cannot complain about where they failed.

Bob Cess, Stony Brook, NY