Horn button struggles

Hi!

   The horn button/ headlamp flasher ring on my '65 Giulia Spider
Normale has come loose. Not out. Just loose to where it hangs there in
the canter of the steering wheel hub. I can't figure out how to get it
back in to stay OR off completely either. Staring through the gap, it
looks like two of the three "tabs" that the hold the small aluminum
center ring in place have come loose, though I'm not sure these tabs are
what really do the job. The center ring seems to hold both the horn
button and the flasher ring in position.
    I don't want to prise at anything and risk breakage. Does anyone
know how to remove the pieces and fix the thing? You can reply off line
if you'd like. Thanks!

Steve Smith
Carlsbad, Ca.

'68 Giulia Sprint GT Jr.