Re: alfa-digest V7 #9

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 21:13:17 -0400 owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided (alfa-digest)
wrote:

 Hello All,

  I am having difficulty with my 83 GTV/6 torsion bar suspension. I hope some
of you can help out! The car is lowered with stock torsion bars. The problem
is that the left side of the car has collapsed onto the shock. I have brought
the car into an alignment shop which has already changed the control arm and
set the ride height. Everthing is fine for about ten minutes the guy at the
shop said that after a test drive the car seems to collapse slowly onto the
shock?  Have any of you out there with lowered Alfa GTV/6's had  similar
problems? The car has been lowered  for years and has never given me any
problems. The present state of misalignment is my fault and not the cars, I
caused the problem when playing around with the torsion bar. Moreover, some
people have suggested that the torsion bar has lost its integraty and I should
move up to the Shankle set up , any thoughts or comments on this would be much
appreciated!

Reguards
Emilio