spider repairs

I have scheduled some repairs for my spider to be done on Friday and
wanted some input on whether the price is accurate and the repairs are
what is needed.. I am having the clutch pedal fixed as it is about two
inches below the brake pedal, the donut is being replaced as it is
cracked, and the rear pinion seal will be done. The price is $250.  Is
that accurate?

ALso, the reason I need this done asap is that it has become nearly
impossible to engage first or reverse after the car is fully warmed up.
The gears grind in protest whether I try to engage another gear before
engaging either of those or if I leave the clutch in for a few seconds
first.  The clutch was replaced by the PO about one year ago so it should
be fine.  Will replacing the broken weld on the clutch pedal help this?  I
changed the fluid in the gearbox about two weeks ago but this did not
improve anything.  I have not really driven the car for fear of doing
expensive damage.  I should add when the car is cold it will pop into any
gear withou a problem.

Thanks,
Chris
87 Graduate