Re: Grille Badge

"The insignia shows a shield with a 6 legged (I think)
cat (I think).  It also has the initials "SPQR" with a Maltese cross.  Does
anyone know what the insignia signifies and what the letters stand for?"

Senatus Populusque Romanus; it means that the badge dates back to the days of the Roman Republic:-)

Without seeing the badge I'd guess that that ain't no cat and those ain't no legs.  Does it look at all like
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/6946/capitoline_wolf.jpg ?

David A. Ross,  ross@domain.elided