the six-legged cat

In AD7-004 Tony Brucia asks about a badge of the "Automobile-Club Roma"  with
"a 6 legged (I think) cat (I think).  It also has the initials "SPQR" with a
Maltese cross.  Does anyone know what the insignia signifies and what the
letters stand for?"

The six legged cat is a wolf, the very one which suckled the lost babes
Romulus and Remus, the twin founders of Rome and its sister city of Reme- no,
scratch that, just Rome. SPQR stands for Senatus populusque Romanus, the
senate and the people of Rome, which was on the banners of the conquering
legions which brought civilization to France, Germany, England and beyond- not
necessarily the smartest thing they ever did..

Don't remember the name of the wolf- sorry- to all things there are limits.
Lookidup.

Now, back to Milan- and pass the gorgonzola.

John