Concours Italiano Parking

     Regarding parking at Concours Italiano:

     First thing is to get a corral parking pass from the organizers.
     There should still be time to do this in advance.  If someone knows
     the phone number please post it, I don't have it with me at the
     moment.  I think it might also be available from ARA.

     Then, regarding parking in the corral...

     Year before last was my first year driving to the Monterey event in an
     Alfa.  So with beginner's enthusiasm I got there early, say 8:30, and
     asked the parking marshalls where the Alfa parking corral was.  The
     marshall at the entry area pointed to the other end.  Drove all the
     way past the concours, no Alfa area and no Alfas in sight, asked the
     guy at the other end, he pointed back where I came from.  Repeated the
     process, realized there was no Alfa area, and decided to start one.
     So I parked by the sign that said "miscellaneous", and by 9:30 there
     were something like 25 Alfas lined up.  (We did have to share with a
     handful of Minis as I recall).

     I called Mandarano to complain, he said he'd do better.  Last year
     there was in fact a sign for Alfa parking in the Corral, and again
     something like 25-30 cars.

     So...if you show up by 8:30 or 9:00 and have corral parking you should
     have no problem getting near other Alfas.

     Those in general parking may want to make other arrangements as some
     have suggested.

     Doug Bender