Re: Replacing 74 GTV fan motor

	I know how to replace the heater fan in a '73 GTV and a '86 Spider.
Trust me, the GTV is 100% easier than the Spider.

	You need to remove the heater assembly from the car.  This means
that you need to drain the coolant, remove the coolant inlet hose and
outlet hose, air hoses, electrical connections, and control cables.  There
are two studs on the underside of the dash that hold the heater assembly to
the dash.

	Once the unit is out of the car, then it is easy to pop off the
clips and remove the bolts.  The fan is held on by two rubber bumpers -
your new fan doesn't come with this rubber bumpers so don't destroy the old
ones when getting the old fan out.

	Also gives you a chance to clean out any debris that might be
blocking the fresh air inlet area.  If your heater control valve is
original or older than 10 years, just replace it - the rubber bits inside
tend to swell over time and block the flow of coolant.  Drill a small drain
hole in the bottom of the plastic fan cover to drain any water that might
get in.

	Bruce