Re: Better Alfetta

>Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:42:42 +1200
>From: graham.hilder@domain.elided (Graham Hilder)
>Subject: Better Alfetta
[snipped for badnwidth]

All you need now is a bigger exhaust. I drove my car with the standard
exhaust around Wakefield Park (Goulburn NSW) a little after we finished
putting it back togther, and it damn well wouldnt rev over 5000 in 3rd down
the straight! Had to shift early and rely on the torque (and its only an
1800). My rear muffler finally rusted through a few weeks back and now has
been replaced...actually, we replaced everything from the extractors back
with our old race exhaust....a standard centre muffler, followed by a 2.25"
pipe all the way out the back....its loud, but still rorty like an Alfa
should be, and gee the engine revs a lot better now ;)

On another note, what are a set of 5 15x6" original Alfa Romeo wheels worth
(in Australia)? These are made by BWA (which came after the original
Campagnolos?), and were fitted to a late model GTV 2L (about 1985). Not bad
condition, and relatively rare in a 4stud fitment....
Also, do they clear the ventilated calipers from the GTV6/90/75? From what I
can tell, the only diff between the 4 stud and 5 stud is the
boltholes...which means they _should_ fit......
- --
Nathan Wong	       http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
	           - Alfa Romeo - Club Cars - Super Touring -
AlfaCors@domain.elided	 - Formula One - V8Supercars -